Jul 11, 2018
This week, James and I interview a former Optiv colleague and
advisor to many Fortune 250 CISOs in his long career, our friend
Ron Kurisczak. Ron's long and successful career has included time
spent truly transforming the way security functions, and how it's
seen in the boardroom. Spend 35 minutes and hear his take on where
we've been, and why right now is so crucial to our future.
Highlights from this week's show include...
- Why are we transforming security?
- Data classification, operation policies
- Tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) to the new
rules of security
- Who's getting through, how long did they have, what did you do
- What are we measuring - how do we define "maturity" in security
- Understanding how we understand and measure long-term losses
from security failures
- Moving into a truly risk-based security program, and away from
"how much are my peers spending?"